About a year ago I decided to try the whole gluten free thing. I was having some stomach issues and figured it might be worth a try. Also, gluten was a hot topic and I like to think I’m part of the cool crowd, so, yeah. I was very strict at first not even eating trace amounts of gluten. You would not believe how many foods have trace amounts of gluten. After a few months I started being a little more lenient. I haven’t and probably won’t ever eat pasta or pizza or bread again but I’ll uses sauces that have some gluten in them, etc. It seems to be working out well!
It was easy to just buy gluten free pasta, or gluten free bread but I realized that wasn’t really the point. I wanted to try to eat more “real” food and not just switch wheat flour to rice flour.
When I find good recipes that don’t have wheat – I LOVE it and want to share them with everyone! This recipe for flourless, double chocolate peanut butter mini muffins is so delicious and best of all – SUPER EASY!!
Please SHARE this recipe with your friends!
These mini muffins are so so yummy. They are soft and fluffy and the perfect bite size. These muffins are relatively healthy and no gluten in sight!! Just a few ingredients needed.
1 medium/large ripe banana, peeled
1 large egg
heaping 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup unsweetened natural cocoa or cacoo powder
3 tablespoons honey (agave, brown rice syrup, or maple syrup may be substituted)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
heaping 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips + more for sprinkling muffin tops
Then you just dump all but 1 ingredient (chocolate chips) a blender and hit “start.”
Dump into a bowl and fold in your chocolate chips!
Scoop into mini muffin pan. This recipe as it is will make about 16 mini muffins, I doubled it and had to make 1 1/2 batches.
Bake @ 375 for 8-12 minutes and enjoy!
Flourless Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Muffins
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 large egg
- heaping 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened natural cocoa/cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons honey (agave, brown rice syrup, or maple syrup may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- heaping 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips + more for sprinkling muffin tops
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare mini muffin pans by spraying very well with cooking spray or grease the pans; set aside.
- Add first 7 ingredients, through baking soda, and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add heaping 1/2 cup chocolate chips and stir in by hand; don't use the blender because it will pulverize them.
- Use a tablespoon or spoon to drop 1 tablespoon scoop into prepared pans. Each cavity will be about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a pinch of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8 - 12 minutes, or until the tops are set, domed, springy to the touch. A toothpick can be inserted into the center and comes out clean, or with a few crumbs, but no batter.
Happy Girls are the Prettiest http://happygirlsaretheprettiest.me/