Creamy Spinach Tortellini
whisking the milk and cream with the butter, garlic, flour and onion powder.
Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes until it begins to thicken.
I used tri-color tortellini this time! Looks a little different but tastes just the same!!
Creamy Spinach Tomato Tortellini
A quick and easy delicious dinner!
Write a review
- 1 (20 oz) package cheese tortellini (preferably the refrigerated kind)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp flour (I used gluten free, rice flour)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/4 c milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 1/2 c chopped fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 tsp dry)
- salt & pepper
- 8 tbsp finely shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Cook tortellini according to the directions on package. Drain & set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds, then add flour & onion powder and cook, stirring constantly for 1 min.
- While stirring, slowly pour in milk and cream and whisk until smooth.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture begins to simmer.
- Add tomatoes, spinach, basil and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook several minutes until sauce has thickened and spinach has wilted.
- Add parmesan cheese & stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Toss tortellini into sauce mixture & sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese.
- sauce will thicken as it sits on the pasta.
Happy Girls are the Prettiest http://happygirlsaretheprettiest.me/