Better Than Takeout Fried Rice: Recipe!
Better Than Takeout Fried Rice
This fried rice takes like takeout.. only way BETTER :)
Write a review
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 cups cooked protein (chicken, shrimp, pork, etc)
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp mince garlic
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- Prepare rice as per the directions, set aside. I recommend you actually prepare the rice before you even start doing the rest of it. My rice took a little longer to cook then the box said and I was sitting around waiting for rice to cook while the rest of the food was done.
- In a large skillet heat a little bit of sesame oil and saute onion until transparent. Add frozen peas and carrots. Cook until vegetables are tender , stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and continue cooking until tender.
- Once vegetables are tender, move the mixture to half the pan. Add the eggs to the other half of the pan and begin to scramble eggs.
- Once eggs are somewhat scrambled, mix the eggs and the vegetables all together.
- Add your cooked protein to the vegetable/egg mixture and add soy sauce. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add rice. **unless you have a super large skillet, I would modify and grab a new skillet. Add some more sesame oil and add a little bit of the rice and vegetable/egg/protein mixture. Add a little bit more soy sauce to taste and let the mixture "fry" in the pan to get the crispy rice you want in a fried rice.
- Flip the mixture to fry the other side.
Happy Girls are the Prettiest http://happygirlsaretheprettiest.me/