As you may or may not know, I try to eat as gluten free as possible. I buy into the fad and truly think I’m better off without gluten. That being said, store-bought, gluten free pizza crust can sometimes taste like cardboard. blah.
I also always try to incorporate naturally gluten free food into my diet because I’m pretty sure the entire point of eating “gluten free” is to eat less processed food.. not just rice flour and tapioca flour (whatever that is).
I tried making this Cauliflower Crust Spinach White Pizza and it was delicious. It doesn’t necessarily taste like regular pizza – but that’s okay! I might even go as far as to say that it tastes better than regular pizza crust. Enjoy and please share if you think this looks yummy! 🙂
This particular recipe makes a spinach white pizza. You can absolutely (and I encourage) you to create your own inspired pizza. I’ve made a veggie and a meat lovers pizza using the cauliflower crust! YUMMMY!!
Once you blend your cauliflower florets – this is what the cauliflower rice will look like!
Here is your crust once it is baked the first time!”
The final product!
Cauliflower Crust, White Spinach Pizza
A healthy and gluten free pizza!
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c shredded Italian Blend cheese
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 c shredded Italian Blend cheese
- 1/2 c cooked spinach
- 1/4 c grated parmesan/romano cheese blend
- handful sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and liberally grease with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a blender, rice the cauliflower florets. (blend until the size of rice - do not completely pulverize)
- Transfer cauliflower rice to a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for about 8 minutes, until cooked.
- Place the cooked cauliflower is a tea towel and twist to squeeze out as much moisture as possible. You'll be surprised how much liquid comes out!
- Transfer the cauliflower rice from the tea towel into a mixing bowl. Add egg, shredded cheese, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well.
- On your pre-greased baking sheet, press the dough into a thin pizza crust using your hands.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 mins.
- Scatter remaining shredded cheese evenly over the pizza. Add cooked spinach to the pizza - spread out evenly. Sprinkle with the parmesan/romano grated cheese, sun-dried tomatoes & a pinch of salt.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 mins.
Happy Girls are the Prettiest http://happygirlsaretheprettiest.me/